Motorcycle & Moped Industry Council

Archive for the MMIC Industry Statistics category

mmicadmin

Canada Now – Retail Sales Analysis

MMIC Industry Statistics

Retail Sales Analysis for the Canadian Motorcycle, ATV and ROV Industry

If you have questionsplease contact us or call 416-491-4449
Canada Now
July 2019
Canada Now
June 2019
Canada Now
May 2019
Canada Now
April 2019
Canada Now
March 2019
Canada Now
February 2019
Canada Now
January 2019
Canada Now
December 2018
Canada Now
November 2018
Canada Now
October 2018
Canada Now
September 2018
Canada Now
August 2018
Canada Now
July 2018
Canada Now
June 2018
Canada Now
May 2018
Canada Now
April 2018
mmicadmin

Annual Industry Statistics Report Summary 2018

MMIC Industry Statistics

From the Motorcycle & Moped Industry Council

and the Canadian Off-Highway Vehicle Distributors Council

January 1st, 2018 to December 31st, 2018

Download Our Annual Industry Report Summary – 2018Retail Motorcycle New Unit Sales 2014-2018

Over one hundred and four thousand new units of motorcycles, scooters and OHVs plus parts and accessories were sold during 2018 at an estimated retail value of one billion, five hundred and eighty two million dollars ($ 1,582,005,000 ). Motorcycles and scooters accounted for 58.27% of total new units sold, while OHVs made up the remaining 41.73%. By dollar value, new motorcycle sales accounted for 57.17% of the total retail value of sales and new OHV sales accounted for 42.83% of the total retail value of new unit sales. In 2018, 71.32% of new motorcycle and scooter retail sales occurred in the spring and summer from April to September inclusive, and 28.68% in the fall and winter combined. New retail sales for OHVs in 2018 were 61.10% in the spring and summer from April to September inclusive, and 38.90% in the fall and winter combined.

Download : 2018 Annual Industry Report Summary   

Statistical Inquiries: Verina Muharremi    

Media Inquiries: E-mail