Motorcycle & Moped Industry Council

Archive for the annual tag

mmicadmin

Canadian Annual Motorcycle, Scooter and OHV Industry Statistics Report Summary 2019

MMIC Industry Statistics
Canadian Annual Motorcycle, Scooter and OHV Industry Statistics Report Summary 2019

 

MMIC and COHV Statistics Summary
January 1st, 2019 to December 31st, 2019

Over one hundred and three thousand new units of motorcycles, scooters and OHVs plus parts and accessories were sold during 2019 at an estimated retail value of one billion, four hundred and seventy seven million dollars ($ 1,477,682,000 ). Motorcycles and scooters accounted for 58.01% of total new units sold, while OHVs made up the remaining 41.99%. By dollar value, new motorcycle sales accounted for 61.06% of the total retail value of sales and new OHV sales accounted for 38.94% of the total retail value of new unit sales. In 2019, 72.20% of new motorcycle and scooter  retail sales occurred in the spring and summer from April to September inclusive, and 27.80% in the fall and winter combined. New retail sales for OHVs in 2019 were 62.20% in the spring and summer from April to September inclusive, and 37.80% in the fall and winter combined.

Download Our Annual Industry Report Summary – 2019

mmicadmin

MOTORCYCLING LEGENDS AND CHAMPIONS TO BE HONOURED AT ELEVENTH ANNUAL CANADIAN MOTORCYCLE HALL OF FAME INDUCTION BANQUET AND REUNION

May 10, 2016
For Immediate Release

Media Statement

Power Sport Services (PSS) on behalf of the Motorcycle and Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) Industry has made a financial donation to the Canadian Red Cross in support of relief and recovery efforts being made to help those affected by the wildfires that devastated communities in and around Fort McMurray, Alberta.

As an industry, we believe that we should do our part to assist the families and communities involved.

Power Sport Services is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Motorcycle & Moped Industry Council (MMIC) and the Canadian Off-Highway Vehicle Distributors Council (COHV). PSS owns and produces seven motorcycle and OHV shows, two of which are held in Alberta.

For additional information please contact:
Ms. Jo-Anne Farquhar
Director of Communications
416-491-4449 or jfarquhar@mmic.ca